The universal Tag editor for various audio formats
If you have an ultra large music collection, you sure know how important it really is to keep everything organized, no matter if we’re thinking about music files, tags or audio formats.
But in case you still struggle to work with tags, it’s probably the right time to give Mp3tag a shot. Just like its name suggests, this is a software solution supposed to assist you in your efforts to organize your music collection, so editing tags and filenames is its main purpose.
Mp3tag works with the most common formats, such as aac, flac, ape, mp3, mp4, ogg, wma, wv and tta, and has the ability to edit multiple ID3v1.1-, ID3v2-, APEv2-Tags and Vorbis at the same time.
The app will prove you that it’s a five-star product straight from the first run, remaining very, very easy to use all the time.
Editing multiple files at the same time is as easy as pie, so you just have to select them using your mouse, in the same way you do in Windows Explorer, and use the adjacent fields in the left side of the main windows to edit the details.
You thus have the option to change title, artist, album, genre or comments with a single click, for multiple files at once.
But that’s not all. Mp3tag can also use tags to change filenames and vice-versa, which is quite handy if you wish to keep things organized in your very own collection.
Last but not least, the program has the option to search online for information in order to change tags and filenames, and as far as we’re concerned, it does the whole thing flawlessly.
All in all, Mp3tag is one of the best tools of its kind and unless you’re looking for an app that also has an audio player, this one should be your number one choice.
Here are some key features of "Mp3tag":
Batch Tag Editing:
· Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
Support for Cover Art:
· Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz:
· Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
Replace characters or words:
· Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
Create Playlists automatically:
· Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
Rename files from tags:
· Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
Export to HTML, RTF, CSV:
· Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
Full Unicode Support:
· User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
What's New in This Release:
· FIX: cpil atoms (compilation at MP4) set to 0x00 were not displayed.
· CHG: updated Discogs web source.
· NEW: added support for Discogs API v2.0.
· FIX: sort arrow was incorrectly shown after randomizing file list.