A multimedia player which can play most of the differently encoded video formats
Gom Player is a multimedia player that can play most of the differently encoded video formats that include AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, XviD, and plus more) with its own built-in codec system.
GOM can also play video files that are being downloded from the Internet or that are broken during the downloading process.
Here are some key features of "Gom Player":
· GOM Player includes many codecs (XviD, DivX, FLV1, AC3, OGG, MP4, H263 and more) so you won't need to install separate codecs for most videos. For those videos that require a separate codec, GOM Player will find one and direct you to a place where you can download an open source version of the codec. That way, you won't get stuck with unnecessary codecs on your system.
Play Broken AVI Files (Patented):
· AVI files can't be played if the index is broken, or if the file isn't completely downloaded. This is because the index is located at the end of the file. GOM Player's patented technology enables users to view files with broken indexes or that are still being downloaded.
Powerful Subtitle Support:
· GOM Player supports SMI, SRT, RT, SUB(with IDX) files for subtitle. You can specify margin, location, size, resolution, font and others. You can also enable shadow, view ASF files with subtitle, karaoke subtitle mode. You can even synchronize subtitle and video if there's any mismatch.
· If you run a video file and there is already a file with a similar name in the directory, it will be automatically added to your playlist. GOM Player has a similar playlist format as M3U, PLS, ASX and you can also include and edit different media formats on that playlist as well. It's easy to create and edit your own multimedia playlist with GOM Player.
Support Different Media Types:
· Along with different media format such as AVI, MPG, MPEG and DAT, GOM Player also supports streaming Windows media format (WMV, ASF, ASX). You can also watch DVD-quality videos with 5.1 channel audio output.
· Screen capture allows you to take a screenshot of your video directly from GOM Player. Using the Burst Capture feature, you can take continuous screenshots up to 999 shots.
· There are an endless number of advanced features. Customize brightness, contrast and saturation. Sharpen and add noise to your video. Try the audio equalizer. Repeat a section of your video with our A-B Repeat feature. Fast forward/rewind a few seconds using left/right keys. And much more for you to discover!
· Intel-compatible CPU P3 or greater
· 20MB Hard Drive Space
· Some videos may require the newest version of DirectX or Windows Media Player.
What's New in This Release:
· An error where only one audio track would be available when playing certain multiple-audio MP4 files has been corrected.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to install GOM Video Converter that the program does not require to fully function
· Displays ad banners or other types of advertising material during its runtime