Offline Explorer Enterprise
Make your own offline browsing solutions with OLE Automation
Offline Explorer Enterprise is an offline browser that downloads an unlimited number of your favorite Web, HTTPS and FTP sites for later offline viewing, editing or browsing. RTSP, PNM and MMS streaming media downloads are also supported.
Offline Explorer Enterprise is an ideal product for companies that want to have their own offline browsing solutions. We put all our experience - since January 1997 - in offline browsing into it.
The enterprise edition was optimized to use as little memory as possible during downloads. We redesigned the parsing queue and map files format. Map files are no longer loaded in memory, but kept on the disk. Offline Explorer Enterprise reads only the necessary map segments to display in the Project Map or to add new entries.
Map files now have an .mpx extension and are not compatible with other versions of Offline Explorer. Offline Explorer Enterprise converts old map files to the new format when necessary, but the reverse operation is not included. So, if you install Offline Explorer or Offline Explorer Pro over the Enterprise edition, some map information might be lost. Projects and other files formats are the same, so all settings, Projects and templates will be preserved.
OLE Automation opens Offline Explorer Enterprise to solution developers. It is now possible to write a program using Visual C++, Visual Basic, Delphi or another COM-compatible development environment to start new downloads, manage Projects and process downloaded Web sites via Offline Explorer.
Offline Explorer Enterprise provides full access to its folders, Projects and downloads. A complete help file on OLE Automation details is provided in the Content section.
Now you can delete downloaded Project files and Offline Explorer Enterprise will still be able to download only new or modified files from the Web site.
The data regarding the removed files is stored in a compact database.
For example, if you downloaded a collection of large PDF files that were burned on a CD, you can delete the files from your hard disk using the Delete | Only Project Files command. When you start downloading the Project the next time, Offline Explorer Enterprise will determine if any of the deleted files have changed and download only new and updated files.
You can setup your browser to use Offline Explorer Enterprise as a HTTP proxy (port 800 by default). When you browse to the sites that were downloaded, the proxy will show them from the download directory. Other sites will be downloaded from the Internet transparently.
Also, Offline Explorer Enterprise logs will show you all links that were requested by the browser. This may help you to find the actual links to video, scripted images, etc.
Here are some key features of "Offline Explorer Enterprise":
· Very fast, easy and reliable file retrieval from the Web (including FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, MMS, PNM and RTSP sites)
· HTTP, SOCKS4, SOCKS5 and User@Site Proxy support. Proxy settings auto detection. Detect proxy settings from a configuration URL
· Download up to 500 files simultaneously. Each Project downloads in parallel with others. It is possible to configure the number of downloading connections for each Project and even pause Project downloads
· Reget capability for HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and RTSP downloads
· Downloaded web sites may be viewed by using your external browser or by using our Internal Browser. (Note: this option requires MSIE 3.02 or higher.). Internal browser supports unlimited number of tabs for simultaneous browsing of Web pages
· Downloaded Web pages may be printed from the Internal Browser. It is also possible to print the whole site at once
· Downloaded Web sites may be published on the Web or exported to any other directory
· Optional random delays between downloading each file to simulate human browsing
· Since Offline Explorer Enterprise uses relative paths translation, downloaded files can be easily relocated
· Supports Drag-and-Drop links from Browsers
· Monitors Clipboard for manual or automatic creation of new Projects
· Fully configurable user interface (including toolbar) with a handy New Project Wizard
· Will run in the background
· Provides support and extracts links from Java and VB Scripts, Java Classes, Cascading Style Sheets (.CSS), Macromedia Flash (.SWF), XML / XSL / DTD, Table Of Contents (.TOC), MPEG 3 Play List (.M3U), Authorware (.AAM), Acrobat (.PDF), RealMedia (.SMIL, .RAM, .RPM), VRML (.WRL, .WRZ), QuickTime video (.MOV), WAP pages and MS NetShow Channel (.NSC) files
· The only offline browser that fully supports all known XML technologies, including XSL and DTD files
· Supports use of MS IE cookies while downloading
· Multiple Project Templates make new Project creation simple
· Downloaded sites easily exported to another location in required format or added to a ZIP, MHT or HTML Help (.CHM) file (Pro and Enterprise editions)
· Built-in Backup / Restore projects
· Search through downloaded files for keywords in filenames or in HTML text. Found keywords are highlighted in the search summary list and in found Web pages when you browse them
· Multiple Projects selection allows fast operations on the Projects tree
· Internal Dialer with ability to disconnect or shutdown computer automatically when download is complete
· Flexible URL Filters with powerful keyword support to fine tune your downloads
· Download speed control
· Downloads can be scheduled, sequenced or started from the command line
· The ability to download up to 100 million URLs per Project
· An OLE Automation interface to enable control from other applications
· The ability to update Projects with deleted files
· Creation of Google Site Map files
· Multithreaded parsing to use all CPU cores
· Disk Space Required to Install Program:17000 K
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release:
· dded OnDownloadComplete event
· Added IOEProject.DownloadSiteMap method
· Improved processing URLs with server:port
· Improved Log icon to indicate when download is being logged
· Added support for OEPS_LastStatus (10) constant to IOEProject.GetStatistics method
· Improved IMainOE.OfflineToOnlineURL method
· Improved filtering URL when starting URL doesn't have protocol part
· Improved parsing some scripts on export
· Improved MIME types handling for scripts that are reported as text/html
· Added 3 custom toolbars to the Customization dialog
· Added code to preserve main and custom toolbar positions and visibility
· Improved processing Content-Disposition with space symbols before back-slash
· Improved performance when using Projects list context menu
· Bug Fix: Fixed System Monitor chart widths issue
· Bug Fix: Fixed preserving screen height when in non-maximized state
· Bug Fix: Fixed downloading status of some projects when program starts
· Bug Fix: Fixed sudden download stop of some projects