Your music, movies, TV shows, apps, and more.
Oh, the “i” products… We’ve all heard of Apple and the sensational business they’ve developed in the last few years, so a powerful software solution should come as no surprise. And the truth is that iTunes is a pretty advanced application that’s not just a very good media player, but also a great iPod and iPhone manager.
Since Apple has already showed us that simplicity might after all make a product special, iTunes’ interface is nothing special, but it does its job pretty well and helps the user take the most out of its powerful functions. Sure, theme support would be great, but that could slow down the application and reduce the simplicity we were talking about which, after all, seems to be the foundation of all good things.
iTunes is able to play both audio and video files, but its secret weapon is actually the way it manages to work with iPhones and iPods. But that’s no surprise either, as the Cupertino-based company has developed this tool especially to allow its clients manage their Apple-branded devices with ease.
iTunes thus allows users to do anything they want with their gadgets, including backups, synchronization, contact manager and, the most important, install applications from the Apple Store. iPhone owners sure know that in order to buy and install apps hosted by the iTunes Store they will need the downloadable application which provides the necessary environment for purchasing software in a secure method.
Other than that, iTunes has all the features you’d expect in a media player, plus something special: you can easily subscribe to podcasts, TV shows and other types of content and each of these files will be automatically delivered to your computer as soon as they become available.
What we liked the most? The whole application, that’s for sure, not only because it’s a simple yet very efficient media player, but also a powerful tool for all those owning an Apple device.
Here are some key features of "iTunes":
Follow your favorite artists:
· True fans know it all: What their favorite artists are playing — and when and where they’re playing it. Set your inner groupie free by following your favorite artists on Ping.
· Follow your friends. Find new music.
· There’s no better way to discover new music than to find out what your friends are listening to. Ping gives you even more insight into your friends’ musical tastes through profile pages.
· Stay up to date on who, what, when, and where.
· Keep musically connected with the Recent Activity feed in Ping. See a list of recent updates showing what friends, artists, and celebrities are up to on iTunes.
Where listening, watching, and playing start:
· iTunes lets you enjoy all your music, movies, video, and TV shows on your Mac or PC. When you want to watch or listen to something, you no longer have to look through your CDs or flip through channels — just go to your computer and open iTunes. With your entire media collection in your iTunes library, you can browse everything faster, organize it all more easily, and play anything whenever the mood strikes.
· Apple TV
· Apple TV has been redesigned to be small in size but big on entertainment. Rent from the largest selection of HD movies — many available the same day they come out on DVD. Watch Netflix titles instantly. Rent TV shows, commercial free in HD. And stream photos and music from your computer to your widescreen TV.
· A PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor
· Intel Pentium D or faster processor is required to play Standard Definition video from the iTunes Store
· 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor is required to play HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras from the iTunes Store
· 512MB of RAM; 1GB is required to play HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras
· DirectX 9.0-compatible video card with 32MB of video RAM; 64MB recommended
· QuickTime-compatible audio card
· Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
· iTunes-compatible CD or DVD recorder to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or back-up CDs or DVDs
· QuickTime 7.6.6 or later is required (included)
· 200MB of available disk space
· Screen reader support requires Window-Eyes 7.0 or later
What's New in This Release:
· iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
· Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
· Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
· Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.
· Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they're both on the same Wi-Fi network.